Micronized progesterone is absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract. Progesterone level in plasma gradually increased during the first hour, Cmax observed 1-3 hours after ingestion.
The pharmacokinetic studies in volunteers suggest that after taking two capsules both in plasma progesterone level increases from testosterone injection side effects.
major metabolites, which are determined in blood plasma, are 20-alpha-hydroxy-delta-4-alpha-pregnanolon and 5-alpha dihydroprogesterone.
Excreted urine as metabolites, 95% of them are glyukuronkonyugirovannye metabolites, mostly 3-alpha, 5-beta-pregnanediol. These metabolites are determined in plasma and urine are similar substances formed at physiological secretions of the corpus luteum.
Absorption occurs quickly, a high level of progesterone in the blood plasma observed 1 hour after administration. When administered at 100 mg two times / day average concentration is maintained at 9.7 mg / ml for 24 hours. When administered at doses of 200 mg / day., Progesterone concentration in blood plasma levels of the corresponding hormone I trimester.
Disorders related to progesterone deficiency.
The oral route of administration:
- endocrine infertility testosterone injection side effects
- Premenstrual syndrome
- Menstrual disorders (dysmenorrhea, oligo, -amenoreya, dysfunctional uterine bleeding, and others.)
- Fibrocystic breast disease, mastalgia
- Deficiency of progesterone in premenopausal and Perimenopause
- Hormone replacement therapy (in combination with estrogenic agents)
The vaginal route of administration:
- Hormone replacement therapy with non-functioning (absent) ovaries in the case of progesterone deficiency (egg donation)
- Support of the luteal phase in preparation for in vitro fertilization
- Support of the luteal phase in a spontaneous or induced menstrual cycle
- endocrine infertility
- Premature menopause
- The menopause and postmenopause (in combination with estrogenic agents)
- Infertility due to luteal insufficiency
- Prevention and treatment of habitual and threatened miscarriage due to insufficient progestin
- Prevention of uterine fibroids, endometriosis
The vaginal route of administration is an alternative to the oral route at:
- occurrence of somnolence
- contraindications to oral route of administration in case of apparent violations of the liver
The oral route of administration in case of apparent violations of the liver
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION:
The duration of treatment depends on the nature and characteristics of the disease.
- The oral route of administration:
in most cases, progesterone deficiency utrogestan daily dose is 200-300 mg (2-3 capsules), divided into two doses (morning and evening).In luteal phase insufficiency (premenstrual syndrome, fibrocystic breast disease, dysmenorrhea, premenopausal) daily dose is 2 or 3 capsules taken during 10 days (usually 17 to 26-day cycle).With hormone replacement therapy in menopause in patients receiving estrogens utrozhestan used two capsules a day for 10-12 days.
- The vaginal route of administration:
the complete absence of progesterone in women with non-functioning (absent) ovaries (egg donation) on the background of estrogen therapy: 1 capsule per day at 13 and 14 days of the cycle, then one capsule twice a day from the 15th 25-day cycle, on the 26th day in the case of determining pregnancy increases dose per capsule per day each week, peaking at 6 capsules per day, divided into 3 doses.This dosage can be used for 60 days.
Support of the luteal phase during the testosterone injection side effects cycle of in vitro fertilization: It is recommended to take 4-6 capsules a day, starting from the day of injection of human chorionic gonadotropin to 16-20 weeks of pregnancy.
Support of the luteal phase in spontaneous or induced menstrual cycle, infertility associated with impaired corpus luteum function: it is recommended to take 2-3 capsules a day, starting from the 17th day of the cycle, for 10 days, treatment should be continued in the event of a delay of menstruation and pregnancy diagnosis.
in cases of abortion threats or for the prevention of habitual abortions occurring against a background of progesterone deficiency: 2-3 capsules daily in two divided doses up to 20 weeks of pregnan